the most glamorous or exciting topic in the world, but it’s essential. One of our biggest goals and values as a business is transparency. We offer this through transparent pricing, tons of information on our site, 24/7 customer service channels, and updating our reviews so everyone can understand how we operate. In this spirit, we want to discuss our terms and conditions so that it’s clear! We want to make sure we’re on the same page about our Terms of Service, so let’s dive in:
1.Terms and Conditions
Want to work with ShipLux LLC?! We can’t wait. By embarking on this journey together, you, the Customer, agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of our Agreement, where adventure and professionalism dance hand in hand.
Now, hold onto your hats because when it comes to shipping your vehicle, ShipLux won’t be your actual vehicle transporter. Fear not! Our role lands as a clever broker, working our magic to connect you with an independent vehicle transporter known as the “Network Carrier.”
They’ll swoop in, pick up, move, and deliver your beloved vehicle with their expertise and professionalism. We strictly enforce some pretty hefty rules and restrictions on who we are willing to work with so that you’ll love who you get matched with. However, please note that we cannot guarantee or act as a guarantor for the Network Carrier’s performance. Any separate agreements you make with the Network Carrier won’t affect our Agreement or tie us up in any way.
But wait, there’s more! In exchange for our matchmaking skills in finding the perfect Network Carrier for you, we kindly request a commission deposit as outlined in the quote you’ll get. Rest assured, we are, of course, a fully licensed and bonded Broker Management Company proudly registered with the USDOT under Broker MC #92282 and USDOT #3129383. So you can trust us to handle your transportation needs with utmost professionalism. Yay!
2.Cancellation & Refund Policy – Unraveling the Adventure
We understand that sometimes circumstances change and plans go off course. Here is the scoop on our Cancellation & Refund Policy.
When it comes to deposits, worry not! The amount paid as the “Deposit” is paid in full to ShipLux. However, it’s important to note that it’s only a portion of your financial obligations for the full delivery. You will not get charged for said deposit until the Network Carrier is scheduled for pick up.
Now, should the winds of change blow strong and for some reason we can’t dispatch a vehicle within 7 days after the first available pick-up date, you can cancel this Agreement without incurring any penalty. However, it’s worth mentioning that once you’ve chosen to ship with us, you can’t abandon us to go with another broker. Doing so would result in the deposit being charged and sadly, it won’t be refundable.
To cancel, all notices must be sent in writing via email to our Customer Service Department or the Booking Agent. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we can’t accept or honor cancellations made through a good ol’ phone call!
Here’s where the tides get tricky: If your vehicle is assigned to a Network Carrier before you email the cancellation notice, the deposit amount will be lost. However, if for some reason the vehicle isn’t made available to the assigned Network Carrier, the deposit will be held as a dry run fee. This fee will be charged to the same credit card you used for the deposit when placing the order. Keep in mind, a Network Carrier isn’t obliged to wait for pick-up or delivery unless special arrangements have been made directly with them. Any associated fees in such cases are between you and the Network Carrier, payable solely to them.
What kind of payment methods do we accept? All amounts other than the deposit, must be settled in full by certified check, cashier’s check, or cold hard cash upon the delivery of your vehicle.
Now, let’s talk about refunds! If you decide to embark on the cancellation adventure, refunds will be processed within 48 business hours of your cancellation request. However, if you choose to cancel the shipping order after a Carrier (transporter) has been assigned and dispatched, full payment shall be forfeited as our services will have been rendered.
As the Customer, you must pay all transportation fees and the deposit. We politely implore you not to charge back a credit card or stop a check to offset any disputes for damage claims, delays, or other matters. It’s your responsibility to have the payment ready when the Carrier arrives at your door!
3. Contract Terms and Liability Disclaimer – Embarking on a Voyage
We aim to provide a smooth and safe journey for your vehicle. Here are some important terms and disclaimers that both parties need to know:
- Pickup and Delivery: Our Carrier will strive to pick up and deliver your vehicle as close to your door as legally and safely as possible. However, due to certain constraints like low-hanging trees, wires, narrow streets, or residential area restrictions, a mutually agreed upon loading or unloading location may be necessary.
- Estimated Time Frames: We will provide you with estimated pickup and delivery dates, but please understand that delays can happen due to various factors such as weather conditions, road conditions, mechanical issues, and more. We cannot guarantee specific pickup or delivery times and dates. ShipLux shall not be held responsible for any loss or damages incurred due to delays or be liable for any car rental fees or accommodation fees. Additionally, we shall not be held liable for any failure of mechanical or operating parts of your vehicle.
- Vehicle Preparation: It is your, the Customer’s, responsibility to prepare the vehicle for transport. Remove or secure all loose parts, fragile accessories, and low-hanging spoilers. Any non-permanent, outside-mounted luggage racks or other racks must also be removed before shipment. Ensure the vehicle is in good running condition (unless otherwise noted), with no more than a half tank of fuel (preferably 1/4 tank). If any part of the vehicle falls off during transport, including damages caused by such a part, the responsibility lies with the Customer.
- Luggage and Personal Property: Personal property must be confined to one suitcase or one bag in the trunk, weighing no more than 100 lbs. We and the Carrier are not liable for any personal items left in the vehicle nor for damage caused by improper or excessive loading of personal items. Certain items are prohibited from transportation, including but not limited to explosives, guns, ammunition, flammable products, narcotics, negotiable and legal papers, alcoholic beverages, jewelry, furs, money, live pets, live plants, and unlawful contraband.
- Inoperable or Oversized Vehicles: If your vehicle is inoperable or has special modifications please inquire about any extra charges. Failure to notify us in advance will result in the additional charges being payable in cash or money order to the Carrier upon delivery.
- Inspection of Vehicle: Both the Customer and the Carrier will carefully inspect the vehicle for pre-existing damage (exterior only) at the time of pickup. This inspection will be recorded on the Bill of Lading, and both parties will acknowledge the vehicle’s condition by signing the document. A final inspection will happen at the delivery, and any damages incurred during transit will be noted. It is crucial to report any damage on the Bill of Lading, regardless of weather conditions or time constraints. Failure to do so implies that the Customer received the vehicle in satisfactory condition, relieving us and the Carrier and their agents of any further responsibility.
- Claims and Insurance: Any damage claims must be submitted in writing within 24 hours of delivery. We will provide details of the Carrier’s insurance policy upon request. The customer agrees that ShipLux is not liable for any property damage claims related to the Customer’s vehicle, and the sole remedy lies with the Carrier.
- ShipLux’s Role: Customers working with us acknowledge that ShipLux acts solely as a transportation and property broker, facilitating the arrangement between the Customer and the Carrier. The responsibility for the vehicle lies with the Carrier after the pre-inspection is completed and the Bill of Lading is signed. Carrier responsibility ends upon delivery, as confirmed by the Customer’s signature on the final Bill of Lading inspection.
- Limitation of Liability: ShipLux will not be responsible for damages caused by acts of God, hail or storm damage, or damage resulting from worn/broken parts of the vehicle or added personal items.
- Customer’s Responsibilities: The customer must designate a representative at the point of pickup and/or delivery if they are unavailable. The customer warrants that they will pay the full transportation price to ShipLux and will not attempt to offset any dispute for damage claims or delays from the freight charges. Payment must be provided upon Carrier’s arrival unless the balance has been pre-paid in full. Please note that for orders booked as “Discounted Cash Price,” only cash, cashier’s check, or money order payments will be accepted for the remaining balance. Personal checks, debit, or credit cards will not be accepted. Failure to comply may result in the vehicle being stored at the Customer’s expense until all transport charges are paid.
- Governing Law and Venue: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed per the laws of the State of Florida. Any actions or proceedings arising in connection with this Agreement shall be exclusively tried and litigated in the State or Federal courts located in Broward County, Florida. The parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of these courts.
- Indemnification: Customer agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ShipLux from any claims, demands, causes of action, liability, loss, damage, and/or injury arising out of or incident to the actions, omissions, negligence, or willful misconduct of ShipLux., the Carrier, its personnel, employees, agents, or contractors. This includes payment of penalties, fines, judgments, awards, attorney’s fees, and related costs or expenses.
- Miscellaneous: Neither party can assign their rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the other party. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable, it will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. This Agreement supersedes all prior representations and constitutes the entire agreement between the Customer and ShipLux. The customer confirms that they are over the age of eighteen (18) and have the legal authority to enter into this Agreement. If someone else receives the vehicle on behalf of the Customer, it is the Customer’s responsibility to inform them of these terms and conditions.
4. General Conditions: Let’s Get Down to Business
We strive to maintain a smooth and reliable experience for everyone involved. To ensure clarity, let’s go over some final general conditions:
- We Have the Final Say: We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, at any time, and for any reason. It’s all about maintaining a safe and trustworthy environment for our valued customers.
- Your Content and its Journey: Excluding credit card information, please note that your info may be transferred without encryption. This transfer may involve sending it over different networks and making necessary changes to fit the technical requirements of those networks or devices. However, rest assured that we always encrypt your credit card information during its transfer to prioritize its security.
- Flexibility without Forfeiture: Just because we don’t exercise or enforce a particular right or provision in these Terms of Service doesn’t mean we’re giving it up. Nope! Each right and provision is still in play and can be enforced when needed.
- We’ve Got the Whole Package: These Terms of Service, along with any policies or operating rules we’ve posted on this site or related to the Service, are the whole shebang. They cover everything you need to know and understand about using the Service. They’re like the boss of any prior or current agreements, communications, or proposals between us, whether they were chit-chats or written exchanges. Yep, they’re taking the lead and superseding all that came before, including any previous versions of our Terms of Service.
- No Ambiguities Here: If there happen to be any unclear bits or fuzzy interpretations in these Terms of Service, don’t worry! We won’t hold it against the party who wrote them. We’re all about fairness and transparency, so let’s work together to make sure everything is crystal clear.
We hope this clears things up and brings a smile to your face as we navigate our professional obligations. Contact us with any questions that may arise!
General Shipping Information
The Importance of Accurate Car Shipping Information
Golf Cart Shipping