Are you looking to transport a camper trailer a long distance and meet it on the other side? Perhaps you’ve just bought it, and you don’t yet have the means to drive it yourself. Maybe you’re moving, and need to be sure all of your belongings meet you at your new home. Or maybe you want to start your cross-country tour on the opposite coast.Whatever the reason, there are camper transport companies like ShipLux that will transport RVs, travel trailers, campers, fifth wheels, and bumper pulls anywhere you want them to go.
Here’s how to get started!
Research Shipping Companies and Request Quotes
The first step is to find the best company that suits your needs. There are shipping marketplaces that can help you find companies that offer camper transport services. Still, it is always best to contact the companies, ask questions, and verify their licensing before signing on for any shipping services.
Camper transport methods
There are several methods that you can use to transport your camper, ranging from borrowing or renting a truck to getting a trailer valet to move it short distances. However, the easiest way is to hire a reliable camper transport company. Camper transport companies will use one of these methods to get your vehicle to its destination safely:
- Flatbed Services: Multiple campers can be transported at one time on flatbed trucks for long distances.
- Towing: Companies use professional equipment to move a camper trailer. The type of equipment will depend on the type and size of the camper.
- Drive-away Services: A transport company will send a driver to personally drive your RV to its final destination. Of course, this only applies to motorized campers.
How much will it cost?
As with any transport services, the final cost for transporting your camper depends on a variety of factors. On average, it costs approximately $3.32 for RV transport of less than 100 miles, and $1.05 for less than 1000 miles (per mile.) Factors that affect the costs of transporting your vehicle include: size and type of your RV; distance; RV condition; seasonality; demand; gas prices.
The best way to estimate the costs is to get a free price quote directly from the camper transport company.
What will I need to do to prepare my RV for transport?
Every company will have their own specific guidelines, so it’s best to check with them for their policy once you have signed an agreement. Be sure to look at your owner’s manual for guidance as well. Some companies do not offer door-to-door shipping, requiring you to get the camper to them—which will be additional preparation and cost.
In general, though, most transport companies will ask you to do the following:
- Secure latches on doors, windows, cabinets, cargo doors, chains, pop-ups, etc. and remove any items hanging on walls and loose items.
- Turn off all appliances and disconnect power supply and gas lines.
- Check to make sure your parking brake, turn signal, and indicator lights are functional
- Check fluid levels and battery.
- Secure tow bar and hitch.
- Check that brakes are functioning properly
Ship Your RV With ShipLux
You want your camper to reach you safely at its final destination so that you can enjoy it for years to come. Contact a professional camper transport company like ShipLux to make sure you are comfortable with the decision.
Ultimately, you want a company that is licensed, bonded, insured, and hassle free. ShipLux offers door-to-door Premium service with every vehicle shipped, fulfilling every transport need. Contact us today for a guaranteed transparent price quote – our logistics agents are standing by 24/7 to answer your questions!